PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
How we will use your data and what data we need We only collect and use your personal information to complete tasks on your behalf. With this data we:
● Provide you with products or services you have requested.
● Personalise and customise your experience on Quartz Trading Cards, including saving shopping cart information – if you have an account with us and enable cookies, we save your shopping cart for you to carry on where you left off.
● Communicate with you.
● Internal record keeping.
● Purchase history – provide customer service and support, it’s also good reference for you to know what you have purchased from us.
● Give you the opportunity from time-to-time to receive email and e-newsletters from Quartz Trading Cards, with your consent. · In most cases where Quartz Trading Cards asks you to provide information about yourself, if you do not provide Quartz Trading Cards with that information, Quartz Trading Cards may not be able to process your order. Eg, a courier company may need your telephone number to inform you about your delivery and without this they will not process the delivery. · Information about the device you use – your IP address (which can be used for fraud detection and prevention) and what device you have used to visit our website (so we can keep improving and optimising the website for you).
The information we collect:
● Your name, delivery and billing addresses – to deliver your purchase to you.
● Contact telephone number – send you service messages by text (courier delivery time slot) and customer service.
● Email address – to send you order updates and if you create an account, this is your username, along with a password which we cannot access as it is encrypted.
● Date of birth – to confirm you are over the age of 13 and we can lawfully process your data without parental consent.
● Payment details – to take payment for any order you place and provide refunds where necessary. We will also use these details for fraud prevention and detection, protecting but you and us. If you enter a competition we check your response to the competition and if you win, we will contact you first to let you know you have won and how we can get your prize on its way to you. We process prizes the same way as orders and will require the same information we would for an order. We would like to send you e-newsletters about the products we sell, services and sales but we will only do this if you are happy to receive these emails. You can let us know that you would like to receive emails from us in your account when you log onto the website. If you wish to return an order, the minimal details we require is your name and order number. Why you are returning your order is always useful, but you do not have to disclose this information. All the information you give to us is confidential and we will only use your information in the way we tell you in this policy.
Security We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We never have access to your full credit/debit card details and are not held in clear text. Sometimes we need to investigate orders that do not automatically pass our payment providers fraud detection. This may mean your order will take additional time to complete as we will need to complete manual checks using the data you have provided for this and previous orders with us.
Customer Experience Having an account with us enables you to purchase products from Quartz Trading Cards without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us. If your account has been inactive for a long period of time, we reserve our right to deactivate your account. We may contact you about the experience you have had whilst shopping with Quartz Trading Cards so that we can find out about what we are doing well and what we can improve on. We may respond to any experiences you have had when shopping with us. For instance, you may have asked us questions on our social networking sites and we may reply to you. To improve the Quartz Trading Cards website and to ensure that the content is secure, presented in the best manner for you and your computer, tablet or mobile device.
When you call our warehouse and office, you are informed that calls may be recorded for training and quality purchases. We do this to provide the best customer service and train our customer service staff with real life customer queries.
Third Parties We will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party, it will only be used for the purposes described in this policy. To prevent fraud or other criminal activity and to make sure your information is correct and accurate, we may pass on the information we have about you to other companies specialising in the prevention of fraud and crime. We are sometimes obligated to disclose the information we have about customers to law enforcement agencies where an allegation has been made of suspected criminal activity. We will make sure that your personal information is protected when it is sent outside of Quartz Trading Cards. We make sure our trusted service partners keep your personal information safe.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to and from third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please make sure that you read their privacy policies before you submit any information to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility for their policies.
Need to update your data? If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name, address etc.) then please contact us so that we can correct it. Quartz Trading Cards is under a legal obligation to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and kept up to date. To do this, please email, telephone or write to us. If you have a customer account on the Quartz Trading Cards website, you can change the details stored about you by logging into your account.
Access to your information If you want to know what information Quartz Trading Cards holds about you, we will provide you with that information for a small fee. To obtain this information please email, telephone or write to us.
What are cookies?
What type of cookies do we use? Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date. We use the following cookies: Analytical/performance cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Quartz Trading Cards, these cookies will remember your preferences, improving your shopping experience with us. Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greeting you by name and remembering your preferences. It also allows for live chat support during your browsing experience.